3.31.2010

Jesus conquered the grave

The flowers are starting to bloom on our weeping cherry and saucer magnolia!


They'll probably be full tomorrow, and so very pretty on Easter. Although I LOVE snow in the winter, and I LOVE laying out in the summer, Easter is probably my favorite day of the year. Aside from the pretty eggs we color, the fabulous candy, our beautiful new outfits, & the Easter lilies, what a WoNdErFuL day to celebrate Jesus Christ's victory over death. His resurrection symbolizes the eternal life that is granted to all who believe in Him. Most, but not all, Christian churches observe Lent. The purpose is to set aside time for reflection on Jesus Christ - his suffering and his sacrifice, his life, death, burial and resurrection. What a special time.I've found that such great,new habits are formed during lent! Not just giving up a food ,or Internet, or TV show,or whatever, but your personal relationship with Christ getting stronger, learning new truths in the Word, and just spending time with our God. Everything about this celebration and season fits so perfectly with spring time. Spring AND Easter are so beautiful!

Of course, when you think of Easter, you think of maybe the Easter cantata? The music is always beautiful.I always think of the song " Up from the grave he arose"--> You always have that old lady in church that will sing the offertory every month ( in a smaller church). I remember growing up we had an 'opera style' type older lady who would sing....and that line of the song ALWAYS got me! It's so hard to hide laughs in when you're 8. Sing that part in your head with an 'opera' type HIGH pitch, shaky voice!

Last year the youth group did the Lifehouse 'Everything' skit on Easter. WOW! Click here to see it. No matter how many times I see it, or who I see preform it, it is amazing. I'm anticipating another great Easter service, and am so looking forward to church on Sunday. And looking forward to a great meal at the house after!

My chains are gone, I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace

No comments:

Post a Comment