3.23.2010

I love Tuesdays!

Since I've become a Stay At Home Mom, I really don't have a 'weekend' to look forward to. I don't wake up every Mon. morning, and dread the work week, looking forward to Friday. WHICH, by the way, Really annoys me. I hate to read on people's facebook that they can't wait until Friday afternoon. I understand how jobs are annoying and not always where we want to be, but I really believe in enjoying each day, being thankful for another day to be alive, not wishing my life away, and making the best of it. A few months ago, Tuesday became my favorite day. I started doing a cycling class at the Y--which I LOVE. I also really enjoy watching The biggest Loser, and I also REALLY love $.45 wings at BW3's!

Today was Landon's last Tuesday swim lesson. We finish his lessons on Thursday =( Last week was NOT a fun week at lessons. I believe that most of it had to do with the 2 new teeth he has, and the 3 that have broken through. YES, 5 new teeth in the last week and a half. Just about 2 weeks ago, he only had 4 1/2 teeth-the regular 1st 4 that come in, and a 1/2 of another. He has added a full molar up top, another tooth on the bottom, and his other 3 molars are poking out! He was doing everything wonderfully in the pool, except for kicking his feet and moving his arms.(The main purpose for this class is to get the acquainted with the pool)FINALLY today he laid over the noodle, kicked his arms and legs, and smiled the entire time. He had a great attitude today, and it made me very happy =) I love that during his lessons, there is a class in the other end of the pool. It is mostly seniors. Half the time during class, they are focused on their instructor, and then the other half of the time, they are looking at Landon and smiling. I love that he has like 50 'grandparents' who enjoy watching his swimming lessons. When they are done, some of them get into the hot tub, and Landon will climb out on that side of the pool to tell them all "Hi!". And then after lessons, so many of them talk to him,say how adorable he is, how well he did in class, and how they could tell how much he enjoys swimming. It's so fun, and I'm glad he can bring joy to other people's morning!

Luke had his review and rating this week for work. We have been praying about this for a long time now. We are so grateful for everything we have been blessed with, Home Depot being such a great company for Luke to work for, and for me to be able to stay home with Landon. Like most couples (I hope), this was an issue we discussed before marriage. There was never any other thought besides that I would stay home when we had children, and most likely go back when they entered school-- to pay for their Private schooling. We were a little hesitant for me to stay home once we finally got to the point, and I did go back for about 4 months. It was the best decision for me to get tenured, get summer pay, and have another chunk of one of my loans paid off. After that, we took the plunge into living off of one income, knowing that God would provide all of our needs, and never doubting our decision. It has been an adjustment, but we love it and believe it is for the best for us! And all this to say that Luke got the highest rating he could get at his review. This means he is eligible to take the test that will allow him to interview for his own store =) I'm so happy and proud of all his work. When he started with the company as an hourly associate, he made a goal to be a manager in 5 years.....well it's been about that long, and he is as close as he can be now!


This sign is from Pineapple willy's last summer. And in 24 days, we'll be back on the beach! Luke has 2 weeks of vacation left he has to use by August, but he can't use them in the spring. So we'll just go for a long weekend like we did last year--Friday night, Saturday night, Sunday night, and come back Monday afternoon. He is going to use 1 of his weeks to work on the flooring & deck on the house, and use the other the first week in August to go back to the beach. We found a place last Spring, stayed there in July, and LOVE it. Luke talks ( and stalks the Internet) weekly about moving to a store down there, and buying a 3 bedroom condo there. If you know me at all, you know it Sounds Great to me!!!! We stay at the
Origin at Sehaven The beach works out great with us, even having Landon. Luke enjoys a few hours in the sun, beach, and pool. but at some point, his idea of vacation--relaxing in a bed or watching TV-- works perfectly with Landon taking a nap, and mommy getting to lay out in peace and quiet. I love that he always tries to squeeze in little trips like this! He knows I LOVE the beach and sun, and it keeps us sane to get away for a few days. The weekend we are there, is my long run of 10 miles. This makes me a little bit nervous, but I am glad there are treadmills if I get bored running it all outside. I'm doing good with my 'late' training. Once I get past the first 2 miles, I'm good to go! This is all mental for me, and I WILL meet my goal! I am excited though that I will get to run to and around Pier Park. I have been using www.mapmyrun.com to find different routes for me to run during the week or for my long run when I don't use the treadmill at the Y. So we won't have to drive around and around the beach until we find a 10 mile route I like.
This was a long and random blog, but now it's time to go to the park with my Landon! Luke will be home shortly after, and then I'm off to lift, cycle, and tan!

No comments:

Post a Comment