5.02.2013

Momcation 2013

Yes, I said a few weeks ago that I was calling in sick. Taking all my personal days. Taking vacation days. I did just that. Three of us decided to drive down to Panama City Beach and stay for a few days at a decent priced place. In the end, there were four of us and we flew. You can't pass up Southwest Airlines and their super cheap flights--not to mention skipping the drive with a 30 week pregnant chick ( with baby #4). We stayed at a condo on the beach, I won't go into details about it. It served its purpose for a place to sleep, eat, and go to the bathroom. It came with 2 chairs on the beach with an umbrella and had a closet fully stocked with beach chairs. There was also a good pool with a little bar and a small menu of lunch options.But there apparently were 'issues' with one of the walls after we had left. We didn't do it. There were also dirty pots and pans, blankets, and a few other small issues. Maybe I did go into details. But on with the trip!

 
We flew out Wednesday evening, got a rental car ( New Tahoe with like 20 miles on it), and headed on to the condo. We just stayed right in the area to eat, and had a horrible meal at Back Porch =( But we made it better by driving over to target {it didn't close until 11 PM} to stock up on ( too many) snacks and drinks and breakfast items for the next 3 days.
Oh yeah, I took my trusty pump along. I had the BEST time going up to the room every 4 hours to pump for my precious baby Ella ;) Once I realized there was a plug on the deck where no one could see from other balconies, it wasn't so bad to sit and look at this view: 
 
We had fun laying out, swimming in the ocean( a little), walking down to pier park for lunch, & driving down to 30A for dinner. We also somehow got onto a kick of things that annoy us on facebook (i.e.: food pictures, duck face, eyebrows raised up & an open mouth like all middle/high school girls do, selfies, #amillion #hastags #aftereverypicture #oninstragram, the #nofilter {who cares?!?!} ) and then we proceeded to do every one of them WAY TOO MUCH. I really felt like I needed to explain after the fact so people didn't think I was 'one of those'.

 


#vacation #yummy #bestfoodever #George's #30A #momcation #shrimp #selfie #beach #ocean #PCB
 
 


I even got some text messages making sure we were OK, because when you scrolled down my Facebook we had all posted the same thing, tagged each other, and liked each other's status. And it involved the word stalking. We were fine, laughing and having a wonderful time. Did I mention that between the 4 of us, we have 15 kids(& 1 on the way). Thanks mostly to the mom with 7 herself! I saw several groups of women at the beach. Large groups! There was even a group at our condo that had to make an ER visit, and one lady has to have surgery on her foot when she returned home. She was on crutches and a splint/cast. No fun!.We didn't get that crazy! They told us in the elevator that it just snapped in the sand. hhhmmm

It was a great time to get away. I wouldn't say I was ready to get back, but it was back to reality on Saturday night. We had church (and nursery duty) to get up for on Sunday, Luke had to get back to work on Sunday afternoon, and life keep on moving!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment