4.23.2013

Team Lucy Loo

The March for Babies walk was great! The weather felt wonderful, we had friends and family walk with us, we met our personal goal ( though it was small), we exceeded our team goal, we had PRETTY t-shirts,  the kids had a blast, and we all got a little sun!
 
We like to play around with the new computer. These actually pop up on our heads while we're taking the pictures. She loves it.

 
 
Last year was hard, being 9 weeks pregnant, and not knowing what to expect out of the pregnancy. We were praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby.
I still am glad I can wear sunglasses as I walk past the incubator they have sitting out by the Vandy ambulance. I can't look at that thing without tearing up. I chose not to walk into the ambulance they had sitting out last year, as did Luke.  Maybe some people are stronger. Some things I'd just not like to relive, and some things I don't want to imagine.
I will have more pictures later on. I had my camera ready. I had the battery ready. But we left the battery in the car, and I didn't want to go back and get it. My Iphone won't take any more pictures. I really need to save them all to the computer and print them, but I just haven't made time to do that yet. So I used my sister's camera. One of my former students ( whom is a freshman now) walked with us, took some phone pics, and facebook messaged them to me ;)
 
The toddler size shirts didn't come in the same color as ours, so they had baby pink. And of course, you can't read it on here ;) And I promise her little skirt looked better in person. I had planned on making a pettiskirt--a SUPER full one. Then I got scared. Then I planned on ordering one. Then I ran out of time. So I just ruffled/gathered some glitter tulle ( OH MY GOODNESS. GLITTER EVERYWHERE), then sewed it onto an old skirt she had. I folded each row over to make it fuller. You just can't really tell here.
Princesses at the walk! Yes, I also tried to give her some neon pink tights to throw in the neon pink to her outfit. Then I had to make her a bow with the baby pink, neon pink, and purple. And her new neon shoes went with it all.  Ha
Can you tell it was a long day? She stayed up until after midnight waiting on her aunt the night before ,and woke up at 7 AM on Sunday morning. This was after 4 pm on the way home from the park.
Thanks again for all of the donations towards the walk. This is something so very important to me. It feels good to know there are people who understand that and are supportive! I wish I could be one of the top walking teams raising thousands of dollars and recruiting 20+ walkers to wear our team Lucy Loo shirts. We are so thankful for this baby. We are so happy to have her with us. Maybe one year.....
 
These were the team t-shirts. The front said "And though she be but little, she is fierce", and the back had the team name and Lucy's footprints. I used some of her actual footprints from the NICU ( they are blown up of course), and loved it! The shirts matched my new sunglasses, which I will need to take with me tomorrow. To the beach. With no kids.
I'll go cry now because I'll miss my sweet little baby Ella. First time to be away from her for more than about 2 hours. oh my...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment