7 years 8-14-11

Wedding 2004

2005 ( Sparky & Nicole's wedding)


 summer 2007--1 of my all time fave pics

Summer 2008 Courtney & Nathan's wedding in La Jolla




Luke had to open at work for our anniversary. So,I took the kids to church and Sunday school & we came home for lunch and naps. We got packed up into the car and headed tot he Wilson County fair when he got home from work. We ended up getting there about 4:30 and got home around 2 A.M. Yes, 2 A.M! We had so much fun, rode rides with Landon, ate cotton candy, drank a LOT of sweet tea, watched some interesting shows and music, looked at some stinky animals, and just enjoyed walking around together all night. If you grow up in Kentucky, you know how big the Ky state fair is. You go multiple times. You spend all day and night looking at everything. You ride everything in the midway and 6 flags. You try all the new food. You talk to Freddy =) You ride the tractor tram around. You watch armadillos race. You get a little kid license after riding the big wheels. You go to free concerts. It's something that you love, and I want my kids to have a great time as well--look forward to that one day that we stay out all day and night, and have an enjoyable time as a family!
Well, back to the 2 A.M. thing. We got back to the car around 11:00. Landon was about worn out, and Lucy had been asleep since 9ish. We packed up the car, tried to start it and everything turned off. No one had jumper cables. Still no one had jumper cables. Finally, someone was trying to help us, with rusted corroded old cables. They had kids that had to go to school in the morning, and after about 30 minutes of them trying, their family coming to try to help, their kids flagging down someone else to try their cables, we gave up. They had to go home because it was after midnight. Luke called his brother, and explained to him what was going on and he told him to try to tap on the started. That meant crawling under the Nitro. Luke was HOPING he meant under the passenger side because....well after 6 hours of walking around, not using the restroom, and drinking about 5 sweet teas, we had to go. So we opted for opening both doors on the driver's side and going there.  Thankfully he told him it was on the passenger side.  Well, eventually 2 carnival workers drove up. To make this story shorter, they worked on it a little, drove back to get some more things, CRAWLED under the DRIVER side, used their battery, finally got ours jumped, and sent us on our way-at about 1:30. YAY!The lights flashed every other second, and the car dinged along with.But it was working for the time being. Of course we broke down at a stoplight right in front of providence. No car lights were working, and we stopped in the middle of an intersection! Luke got the Nitro pushed out of the road as much as he could with flip flops on, and a truck turned around and stopped. He had been fishing at the lake, and was a little inebriated, but thank goodness he was there! a cop came by a few minutes later, and the truck needed to go ;) He had gotten us started back up, and we drove the rest of the way home. We didn't hit any red lights until we had to make a left run. We opted for a right and U-turned in Murf. road. Luke got a new battery on Monday night, and the car is working again. It made for a great story, and we had a good night despite the car troubles. Happy anniversary to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment