Almost 12 weeks old

The other week we were trying on a babydoll nightgown Elyssa got Lucy. We kept meaning to do it, and just never had gotten around to it. Elyssa had bought her own nightgown, and picked it because it had a babydoll one to match for Lucy. We told Landon to jump into the picture, and this is what we got:

And so that is a glimpse into my life EVERYDAY with this crazy kid! I haven't blogged as much lately. Not because I'm ssssssssoo overwhelmed and tired and can't find the time. Lucy is a great baby! She is still acting like a newborn ( she should really just be almost 2 weeks old). We have to wake her up to eat every 3 hours during the day, and we can let her go 4 hours at night. We are HOPING she has hit 6 pounds at her next weight check. I think that was when we let Landon sleep a little longer. MAN, 12 weeks of every 3 hours is DRAINING, whether I'm pumping/bottle feeding or nursing, still DRAINING. Hopefully I will be able to quit the supplemental bottles after feedings here soon too. I'm running out of milk, and don't feel like spending money on formula. She has acted full more often after her feedings the past few days, so I think she is really getting the hang of nursing. Some of her nurses told me it might be about 2 weeks after her due date, because it takes some babies that long normally.I'm sure it all has to do with her gaining more weight and getting stronger and not burning as many calories........ But anyways, she is great! We  got rid of Internet at the house, and we use our phones mostly to get online. We can tether our phones to the computer, but Luke is gone 12 hours a day, and mine hasn't been working. Hence, not as much blogging!

I have been trying to get back into running. It is way more difficult that I could have ever imagined to work out without a gym membership. I figured we needed the money for gas ( while she was in the NICU). I think Luke said we used over $800 on gas going back and forth. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED US OUT DURING THAT TIME! And I figured we could use the money on Dr. bills, and I could go run at the park. Well, it's been freezing or raining and I don't have any motivation when it is. Or Luke has been gone to work at the best time for me to go ( daylight!), or we have to go to the Dr. when he is home, and there just isn't time. I did start running this past week though. I started out small-1 mile runs. But when you have trained for 13 miles, 1 mile is SO EASY! Thank goodness.I actually do have quite a bit of pain when running, but it's going away slowly. And i have massive headaches after I run. I'm not sure if the seizure has anything to do with that, or if I'm just that out of shape ;) I'm going to add a mile by each weekend for my long run until april 30th! I've got my running schedule on the fridge, and I'm ready to get ready for the 10k portion of the marathon I'm running. Read back a blog or two to see why I am running !

I feel like I've gained about 10 pounds back since Lucy has been home, so running can't hurt that way either ;) I'm hoping to take Lucy and Landon down to visit family in Orlando after the marathon, so at least I'll be swimsuit ready too.
I've had a few friends come visit Lucy, and it has felt so good to have some adult conversation. I'm excited to show her off, and hopefully in a few weeks we will venture out places :) I won't know what to do ! I think we are also buying our double stroller this week so I can go to the zoo and the park. The only other negative right now is that we are down to one car for a few more weeks, so I really AM stuck inside while Luke is at work. And I can't really take him and pick him up because he either leaves too early  (4:30 am) or gets home too late ( after midnight).Not too much longer though.
Lucy's Dr. office should have her next RSV shot in tomorrow, so we will also get a weight check while we are there.We did go to the cardiologist this week, and the hole that was still there has gotten smaller! We will go back in June to see if it is gone yet or not. That's a nice worry that is fading away. Even though the surgery wasn't a 'big deal', it's still one more thing that I didn't want to deal with at all.( Landon's tumor removal surgery wasn't a 'big deal' either--a 15 minute surgery-- but then we spent 3 nights at Vandy afterwards with complications on steroids and breathing treatments.We just want to avoid all that.)We are waiting to hear back from TEIS to see if Lucy will start with them. I'll update if we have any more  news!
===I  wrote this Thursday( no internet, and forgot to post when we did). We did go visit the Dr for her shot & to get a weight check. Lucy now weights 6 pounds and 8 ounces! She gaine almost a whole pound in 11 days! YAY

No comments:

Post a Comment