11.05.2010

My kids!

Baby news: I had my 24 week check-up this week. I didn't hear back from the glucose test, so everything should be OK as far as gestational diabetes. I am finally starting to really POP out there, and did have my big weight gain this past month. As the nurse said, Lucy is growing, and I got hungry . There are too many temptations around the house when you use M&M's as potty training rewards. I also finally found some maternity jeans that fit, and are LONGS! My jeans from Landon's pregnancy we're just NOT working--but in a good way. I really hope there is no way my legs will fit into those pants this time around. TALK ABOUT THUNDER THIGHS =) And I even got a size smaller, yay! We will go back for an ultrasound at my next visit on the 30th to follow up on the bowels, and make sure everything still looks good from my 2 cord issue. We/Dr aren't concerned, but it is just a follow up to ....well, to follow up! We'll also check to make sure the amniotic fluid is still good because of my issues with the 1st pregnancy.Maybe she will be turned the right way, and look at us so we can get a little glimpse of what she looks like.



So, 6 months into this pregnancy, and no complaints so far. OK,so maybe a major complaint. But seriously, it's painful. Imagine trying to turn over in bed, and you have pulled and strained all your pelvic muscles that you use to pull your legs over and lift them and separate them, and it's like really painful. Yes, ouch. And then imagine every time you roll over or stand up, your pelvic * well i think it's the pubic bone, but that word is gross* bone pops so loud, and you can feel it. So, just stay in one position when I sleep--yeah right, sleep? I'm doing good to get about 4-5 hours these nights. Maybe TMI--but I NEVER had to get up to use the bathroom at night 1st pregnancy, but of course this time around, it's been like 2 times a night here lately. And it takes me about 5 minutes to use Luke to push myself up, get off the bed, and slowly walk in pain to the bathroom. It also makes it hard to get up into and out of the car, put on pants....you know, just every day things. =) I try to rush in the mornings to get Landon up to use the potty,and not let him just sit around in his bed, but seriously it takes me 5 minutes to walk across the hall to get him. UGH I should NOT be waddling, and I should not be waddling at 6 months! But if you see me walking VERY slowly, waddling, or grimacing when I pick up Landon, go home and look up SPD during pregnancy. I'm thankful that the elliptical & bike do not hurt at all. But I went from running 3 miles at 21 weeks pregnant to severe pain when walking on a treadmill at 24 weeks. I will make it, just with some added pain.I am still going to try to walk the 5 miler on Thanksgiving morning--at least I have no money to shop black friday, and can be in pain that day, lounge around the house, and let Elyssa play with Landon ;-) I'm just hoping that this doesn't continue to get worse in the next 15 weeks, and will not pay attention to what I have read about that. =) I also am afraid that everything I have read says that if you have this, it will start sooner the next pregnancy. So there might not be any baby #3 in our future!

Big boy news: Sunday will be 3 weeks with no accidents! I use to put those plastic/rubber covers over Landon at naptime, but have also quit that this whole week. He is doing so good holding his bladder. And we have even had some mornings ( quite a few) where his pull up is dry in the morning. And yes, I'm frugal, we re-use it that night--don't judge! He actually gets upset when I throw away his "buzz and woody underwear" in the bathroom in the mornings. He doesn't understand that it is a pull-up, and made to pee in =) Isn't it crazy that when you don't give a kid a choice, and tell them how to do something, and stick to it, they don't know any different?  When my Dr asked this week how the rest of the family was doing ( the boys stayed home since it was an hour Dr visit with the glucose test), I told him we got Landon potty trained. He said " GOOD". I told him I knew that I would NOT want to do this--mentally or physically-- in another month, and once I had the baby, I didn't want to deal with it either. He fully agreed that it was great that we went ahead, got it knocked out in a week, and won't have the added stress. SO, AGAIN,THANK YOU to everyone who gave me moral support during those 6 days of TORTURE! =) I wanted to quit and slap a diaper on his booty so many times, felt like a failure, and didn't have any desire to try. But after day 1 (October 12th) of undies, we never put another diaper on him, and am SO happy we did it this way.
Birthday party #2 is under a month away! Our little boy is growing, and we love him SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment