11.05.2010

Blessed

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."
--John Wooden
I'm so excited for Luke. Hopefully soon, he will be moving up again with his job. Things are just starting to get moving along with the process. It seems like it has taken forever--although we all know nothing is in our timing, and there is always a greater reason for why things turn out the way they do. He has worked very hard with his company for the past 6 years, and is ready to move on to the next level. He puts in 12+ hours 5 days a week, has to be there for meetings on his off days, take phone conferences at home in the mornings when he isn't at work, never has a consistent schedule, and stays at work until 1 AM on some days, only to get back up at 4 AM the next day to work again. All this only to come home and play with Landon, help with things around the house, and give me some adult conversation after spending 12 hours with a 2 year old by myself.
We've had to really adjust financially with me staying home, but it was something we decided when we were dating that we would do as a family. It has been a lot harder than I had ever imagined. I can't even walk into walmart and buy new eyeshadow--just because I love it. Ok, so who cares about eyeshadow, but really, every little penny really does count! I know that one day, most likely when Landon starts school, I will go back to work full time, and it will just be a short time span where we have had to sacrifice to be able to raise Landon and Lucy the way we want to as babies. And then I can always hope that in 4 years, Luke will be at the next level he wants to be at (district manager--after 2 to 3 years as a store manager), and maybe I can slide by with some part time work =)
Sometimes it seems like we get dealt sucky hands in life, but it's so fun to try to make the best out of every situation. You learn so much about yourself when you are absolutely pushed to your limit. You learn a great deal about others too--sometimes things you wished you didn't know. I'm learning not to be jealous of what others have, but to fully appreciate all that I do have. I could sit and sulk, and wonder if I made the right decision by not working for a few years. Life might be SO much easier if I was working & making close to 40,000 a year. We wouldn't have to worry about coupons & sales, spending too much on ourselves, if we can afford to buy  big Christmas gifts, being able to make extra payments on student loans. But, I don't feel we would be as grateful for the small accomplishments and details in life.
No matter what we face, I will continue to make the best of it. I am very grateful for my life and family. I have a house, food, clothes, car, a wonderful son, and a loving husband. I do know that life will continue to be great, whatever obstacles we come across. I wouldn't want my life any other way that it is right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment