10.20.2012

Baby Ella


I haven't added belly pictures in a while! I was waiting until our family pictures got back to us, and then we were in and out of town the past 2 weeks.





29 weeks

It was a long day!

Almost 31 weeks. I skipped that week, but this is 30 weeks & 5 days.

She has a name!
I keep asking Luke if my belly really looks big, like when I lay down, because I just forget about it. If I wasn't in so much PAIN any and every way I sat or laid, I don't think I'd remember half as much as I even do now. He assured me that there is a basketball under there, and this 32 week picture REALLY looks like it! It really just is surreal at this point. I'm trying to keep it real, but there is so much going on. Even if we make it until the c-section, we only have 6 weeks and 5 days left until we will be holding a newborn! That's very soon! It really is weird to feel a little elbow or hand pushing on my belly and really know how TINY that baby is. I have held one of those hands that is the same size of my finger. It's amazing and creepy all at the same time.
We are going to start working on the baby's room this week. Well, that is the plan. Luke brought the paint home today, but accidentally got the wrong color he was comparing it to. Hopefully tomorrow we can get it fixed after church. I finally found 2 grays that weren't too purple or brown.
I took a picture a few weeks ago of the fabrics I had so far and the 2 colors. We are going with the lighter, Opal. It is almost a white, but we don't want dark at all in the small room. With white furniture hopefully you can tell it is gray. 
opal
I have also FINALLY started on her bedding. The fabrics I chose weren't fabrics I had been on the hunt for. They actually were just the only 10 light pinks, grays, and whites I could find in the stores I went to. The bottom left in the picture above actually got kicked out of the quilt. I didn't really like it at all, and just got it because it was gray.
There were quite a few fabrics I saw on-line at stores, but I only needed 1/8 of a yard of each, and most stores I would have had to purchase a full yard. I could have done that and had a lot of scraps. But the fabrics were all over $9.00 a yard, which is not much when you are only buying 1/8 of a yard, but I wasn't needing to buy a yard of each just to have so much scraps.
Getting started cutting my strips. This was actually fun. I love that rotary cutter!

All done cutting, and checking out the tutorial again.
http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2010/07/tutorial-road-trip-quilt.html



Laying it out ONE TIME to see if it looks Ok.
The pinks are not as bright as they look on here. Only one has a brighter pink. It wasn't my favorite. But it works. I am planning on sewing the top together tomorrow. I get more anxious about that--sewing straight, keeping the stitch at 1/4 inch, and just messing it all up! I ordered the fabric for the backing today. I actually was able to get one i REALLY LIKED for that because I needed about a yard and a half. I'm going to use this:
I don't even know how it will match or look against the others, but I wanted chevron the whole time. I'm sure HOPEFULLY the pink will match some pink on the top somewhere, and one of the grays will match a gray too. I might just have to add some other things into the room in this fabric, if I have any extra. I'm not sure which way the chevron stripes go either, I don't understand that stuff. Let's just hope it turns out OK. I also need to get a fabric or binding for the edge, and will have to figure out the actual quilting part. Anyone want to do that for me?!?
I also ordered her bumper, and we will get on ordering her bed. We got a dresser right before we moved, and will need to refinish it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now on to a few of my favorite pictures from a few weeks ago!















LOVE LOVE LOVE


Ok, that's a bunch!
Back to the doctor on Monday, seeing my regular high risk doctor, I know he will be pleased that I am still coming in! My blood pressure has been up and back down over the past week, and seems to have found a new normal. It's slightly higher than it started out at, but it still 'normal'. I've had off and on swelling, but that is to be expected with traveling in a car and then standing all day long. Hopefully only good news to report next week. I'm wondering how big or small this baby is. Landon was a tiny one ( so we thought) at 38 weeks being 5 pounds and 10 ounces, but he had IUGR from the oligo. I haven't even asked yet if there is a chance at all of happening this time. Maybe I should ask, and then maybe they would measure fluid ;) That was the plan with Lucy, and we had a measurement at 28 weeks, right before she came. Measuring fluid requires an ultrasound. An ultrasound means seeing the baby! (Except this office doesn't file things that same as my old one. . . . we've had to pay on all these we've had so far. We are still trying to get that taken care of =/ ) Maybe I will have more baby pictures soon-- IN UTERO! Let's hold off AT LEAST 3 1/2 more week until live baby pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment