7.23.2012

What's going on?

A lot! That is what is going on around here. Luke has a very very busy schedule this week and next. He has been working his regular hours ( which have consisted of at least 15 hours days, because his new store is not up to par), and also some overnights along with his regular hours. He worked an overnight once when we were in Orlando without him, one last week, and then he went back in Saturday night after coming home for a few hours. They have inventory this week. That is usually a long process leading up to the one day, but it is apparently overwhelming because his store has not been taken care of at all. He told us he would be working a lot this week, &  I told him I thought 15 hours was already a lot :/ So he won't be around much this week. Then the Southern Division President comes back next week. She was here a few weeks ago on a surprise visit, and it was NOT good. We were unsure about Luke still having a job once she left. After all this is done, he will have a week of vacation. We also have our 20 week appointment and ultrasound this week. Here is a 19 week picture:
Lucy hopped in too! We were heading out to eat dinner with Luke before he went back to work. Landon was at the farm with his Nana and Poppy. Unfortunately, she whined the whole time and was up all night with a fever. She's has been napping for about 3 hours now today, and is stll fighting it off. I have finally felt some little kicks.And all of a sudden this week, I'm HUNGRY! I can't eat much without feeling full up to this point, but I bought some tutrle cookies to make after we had pizza Sunday night, and ate 3 =(  I'm HUNGRY like all of a sudden all the time! I had gained 4 pounds at my 16 week appointment, but I have a feeling I'll tip the scales at my 20 week!

Our lease also runs up in September, so we will be starting to pack everything up very shortly. We don't have a house to move into yet. We've looked all over different parts of Louisville--houses, apartments, town homes, rental or for sale. Hopefully we will figure it out soon. This house is just too big, and costs too much for us right now. Our renter did say she wanted to stay in our LaVergne house, so we don't have to worry about finding another tenant for that! Before we move, I will have gone back for my 24 week appointment. AND I think our lease runs up RIGHT as I will hit 28 weeks. So, hhmmm  I wonder if I will have to do all the unpacking or get out of it if my BP has stared to rise? This will be different! We will also have to get a different car once baby comes. We love the nitro, but it is too narrow in the back for 3 car seats. We were about to purchase one in June, but we decided to wait until September, once we get some more milestones under us.

I'm not sure what my Dr. visit schedule will look like from here on out. We have a few questions to ask this week when we go. Still no definite names for baby either. Lucy also had her 18 month well visit--a little late, closer to 19 months. I saved a chart on the computer, and tried to plot her growth. I didn't do the best job with the plots, but you can still see.


The top chart is her head circumference, and the top of the second is height, followed by weight. We are on the charts in ALL THREE! Height was on the chart at 15 months, and head hit the charts right around 6 months. Her head was right around 50% about 10 months, and has quickly gone almost off the charts. Her Dr. did say if it continued to grow as quickly by the next visit, then we would need to look into it. Her head is larger than Landon's at this point, she is about 10 pounds lighter, and 9 inches shorter. There are some large heads on Luke's family side, so it could just be that, and it just grew very quickly all of a sudden I swithched her to a different doctor in the practice, so we went over everything from birth until now. He just kept saying over and over how amazed he was with her progress, and he'd never know she was a 29 weeker. That also led into the discussion of me being 16 weeks along. We talked about the doctor I am seeing and everything we'd found out since her birth about my health. He also made sure to ask me if I was doing OK emotionally, getting breaks from the kids ( Landon was off the wall during the appointment), and making sure I am doing what I need for help along with taking care of Lucy's development and Landon being 3.He told me several times he'd keep us in his prayers, and let him know of anything at all that we needed. I miss our pediatrician in Nashville A LOT! But he made me feel much more comfortable going into another pregnancy. He sat and talked and showed concern and care and love towards my children and me. He wasn't just in and out, and then charge me a *sick entity* while discussing my child's progress. That's another story--and why I switched her to see another doctor.
We will be busy for the next couple of months, and then HOPEFULLY it will slow down in fall before the baby comes! I might post again when we find out the gender this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment