12.17.2011

BUSY DECEMBER

I am sitting in McDonald's at 10:47 PM to use the Internet and get out of the house. I'm pretty sure they close inside at 11...or is it midnight? I'm trying to upload a video I made of Lucy's pictures and short video clips from the past year. It currently says on YouTube that there are like 132 minutes left, and it is just at 7%. MAYBE it won't get done tonight. I'm also trying to upload it on another tab onto FB, let's see which one wins!
Well, we got back from Nashville this afternoon/evening. I finally finished with about 2o hats to take to the NICU where Lucy was. I had planned on making 30. I just got busy making Halloween costumes, birthday shirts, Christmas shopping, and was just a little lazy. I'm sure I could have gotten them done in like 2 days if I tried harder. Oh yeah, the 2 kids kept me from it too. BUT we got the hats delivered. I just KNOW some of them are WAY TOO tiny to ever fit a baby, but Luke doesn't agree. There were 2 or 3 that I was a little embarrassed of, but Luke said they looked fine.
Well, it is now 11:25. I guess McDonald's is still open. Homeless looking man is still next to me on his laptop on his facebook too. =) Youtube has shut down like 3 times, and now says it is 25% and only has 104 minutes left!

Well, Lucy's Speech and Occupational therapists have both come for their first visit at home. It is so crazy how when we first moved, her gross motor was SO behind and she was babbling. At this point her OT would have NEVER known that a few weeks ago she didn't use her right hand at all. We have changed OT to like 2 times a month instead of every  week. She gave us a few things to work on, and hopefully she will keep progressing. She is working with some eating issues as well as her speech therapist. She doesn't seem to have any other sensory issues besides in her mouth. One thing that the ST immediately thought of was allergies here in the wonderful Ohio valley. She has been congested since we moved & has been on 2 antibiotics. She could be having sinus/allergy/adenoid issues. That would cause difficulty swallowing and could affect her speech. I've also noticed her cute tongue. Her (I forget the name) frendulum maybe? might be too short. This sometimes cause speech issues. She gave us a P chewy tube to play with. Lucy needs to get familiar with chewing. She also showed us a vibrating thingy that has a toothbrush head and some other heads you can put on it. This will 'wake her mouth up' and get her use to having things in there, I think. We can also dip the chewy tube into food and let her eat off of it. She also mentioned some spoons that have bumps and things on them. When she eats off of them, she will get use to the textures. Anyways, I think that is all right. I think basically her mouth just has to get use to having chunks in it. She needs to get familiar with chewing too. She chews toys and her finger and hew paci. But when it comes to food, she just sucks on it and chokes on it. A lot.
Also with her speech, she just says dadada. She has VERY recently said mama again. She isn't really communicating with us. She also doesn't like connect who people are. She gets excited when she sees us, but if you say, "LUCY, where is MAMA?" She will just smile at you =) She doesn't point at things she wants them -- she squeals and she screams. She DOES clap when you say yay, or use to more than she does now. She does smack her lips when you say kiss. And her head is in the 50% while the rest of her body isn't even close to 3%, so we know she has a good brain in there ;) They both have asked about her hearing, and she does go every 6 months ( until she is 3). We will see in March if is still the same.

I can't upload any pictures right now. I'm not sure what is wrong with the computer or Internet at McDonald's. I will upload them on the next post, AND hopefully the video montage will be ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment