2.02.2013

February 3rd

I haven't blogged in about a month! The week before we moved, I was too busy being stressed, getting sick (from being stressed), attempting to pack,& deal with a newborn and a 2&4 year old. And we don't have Internet hooked up yet at the house. But we will soon!

The snow this morning reminded me of how the snow started the day before Lucy was born ( 12-12-10) & the numerous snows we actually got that winter while she was in the NICU. Apparently they were awesome -- I have some pictures of them. But as a snow lover, I really paid no attention to them, nor did I ever really take time to sit & enjoy the beauty of the snow.

We let the kids run and play this morning before we headed out to run errands and go to HD kids workshop. It only lasted about 2 minutes because they were freezing, but I'm trying to let them (and myself) enjoy being kids as much as I can. I also knew this snow would be gone before we even would pull back in the driveway 3 hours later. 
February 3rd.
2 years ago on this night , Luke & I were rooming in with our sweet little 4 pound something baby girl. We were beyond ecstatic to be taking her home, but I know I was terrified to be taking her home! We didn't know what the future would hold for our little one who entered the world far too soon--we didn't know how even an apnea monitor, pumping & feeding & weaning off a bottle, or even taking care of a preemie would be like at home. AT HOME-- without Leslie & Kimberly & April & Meggie & Elliot &  Erica & Tanya & Rachael & Pam & Mary & Betty Rose & Dr K or Dr R or Dr. H, and all the other nurses and doctors and respiratory therapists just feet away.

December 13th will ways be her special day. She will count down every year to her birthday. But February 3rd will always be a special day for her daddy & me! There are so many milestones she has hit in these past 2 years and I just know she will surprise us in so many more ways in the years to come. I'm so thankful for how far she has come, and I'm so thankful to be two years out! The worry, the anxiety, the fear, the guilt ( ok , that's a longer process) have almost all disappeared. Two years ago tonight, I was setting my alarm for 2am, 5 am, & 8 am to change diaper, feed,& pump. I was TRYING to sleep. I had a Chris Thomlin pandora station on. I was begging and praying for her not to have any spells. And I was pretty much in the most uncomfortable bed EVER :) Tonight I dried my baby's long hair before laying her in her own bed. So much has changed! We always always think back to where we started, and remember how many of our prayers have been answered.
Tonight I am SO thankful for Lucy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment